To aim at 100% Placements for the students at Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Management Studies.
COMPOSITION OF PLACEMENT CELL:
Chairman - Col. Dr. Kailash Chand
Head Corporate Relations - Mrs. Devayani Nadkarni
Mrs. Devayani Nadkarni MBA-Marketing (1996), LLB (1993), BSc (1991) is an alumnus of New Port University, California.She has prior work experience of 11 years out of which, nine years were in Education Industry in managing a gamut of activities including Placements, Training & Development, Marketing & Recruitment.. In education industry, she has played a significant role in Training and Placements function of organizations such as ICFAI, Hyderabad and All India Management Association (AIMA).A Glider Pilot, paratrooper and a sportsperson, she is also a Certified Mentor, accredited by City & Guilds, London
Placement Officer - Mr. Sandeep Patil
Mr. Sandeep M Patil (Asst. Professor cum Placement Coordinator )
Mr. Sandeep M Patil MBA Marketing (1998), DBM ( 1996 ) & B.Com (1995) is an alumnus of Shivaji University ,Kolhapur. A global digital sales professional with 14 years experience in encompassing Corporate Sales & Education.
He has an industry exposure in Assessment& Placement. Has worked with Teamlease Staffing ,Ikya Human Capital ,ICFAI & Thomas Assessment, .He his by nature social, friendly and enthusiastic.
Additional Placement Assistance Team:
Prof. Iftekhar Khan
Prof. Iftekhar Khan, BE, MBA is the alumnus of University of Pune. He has demonstrated exceptional knowledge of Sales management, Business Practices, and Trade Regulations, especially in B2B market for 11 years. Over 3 years he is sharing his expertise with MBA students. He joined Padmashree Dr. DY Patil Institute of Management Studies as Assistant Professor in the month of January 2012. He is currently pursuing his PhD in Business Administration from University of Pune.
Prof. Meenal Rao
Mrs. Meenal Rao, B.A., M.B.A is a alumnus of University of Pune. She has a total work experience of 10 years out of which she has spent 7 years in Industry and 3 years into Academics. Her contribution is in the field of Human Resource Management. She has as industry exposure in Human Resource Management with special focus on Recruitments, Performance Management, HR Policies and Procedures.Has worked with Garware Wall Ropes Ltd. Pune and Northwest Consultancy and has exposure to recruitments for Pharma, Engineering, Infrastruture and Manufacturing companies .She is highly adaptable, outgoing with strong interpersonal Skills. Prof.Meenal guides students in the field of Human Resource Management / Industrial Relations with focus on Competency Skill Development.
Prof. Taruna Sharma
Prof. Taruna Sharma, M Com - Management (2008), MMS - HR (2010) is an alumnus of Mumbai University. She has a prior work experience of 2.5 years and has worked at companies like Morarjee Textiles, Times of India and ACTS India Consultancy in HR department. She is working with Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Management Studies, Akurdi as a Lecturer cum IIP Officer since November, 2010. Her contribution is in the discipline of Human Resource Management. She is currently perusing her Diploma in Training & development from ISTD (Indian Society for Training & Development), Delhi. Her aim is to excel in the field of academics with the help of innovative teaching with focused efforts towards imparting and imbibing a learning culture in the Institute and to make the students of the institute employable.
Prof. Pooja Kolhi (Alumni)
Pooja Kohli is an Assistant Professor in the area of Human Resource Management and currently pursuing her doctoral studies from the Research centre of Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Management Studies registered under University of Pune. She has obtained her post graduate degree in MBA from Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Management Studies. She has a total teaching experience of 4.5 years.
She is teaching subjects related to Human Resource Management to the students of MBA – Ist year and IInd Year.
She is also working Cultural committee Chairman and as a Secretary for the DYPIMS Alumni Association.
She has also attended an HR Summit 2012 held at IIM Kozhikode on 3rd & 4th February 2012 on the topic “can women become better HR Managers?” and also attended a five days FDP on 'Workshop on Data Analysis for Management Research' inApril 2012.
She has also published and presented research papers in various National and International conferences and seminars.
Corporate Relations Team: 5 appropriate students from IInd year will be made available for Placement Assistance to the Placement Cell on rotation basis per week.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties & Responsibilities of the Chairman:
1.To formulate overall policies and guidelines for Placement Activities.
2.To supervise all the activities of the Placement Cell.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Head Corporate Relations:
1.To bring minimum 200 companies to campus between September and March every year along with the Placement Officer.
2. To issue the Notice with all the required details of the incoming companies minimum 72 hours in advance to all concern and circulating it to them.
3.To co-ordinate with Additional Placement Assistance Team - Prof. Iftekhar Khan & Prof. Taruna Sharma about the students to be brought before each company.
4.To be present throughout the Placement Process along with Placement Officer.
5.To follow up with the employers for every Placement process till the Final Placement of student is done.
6.To give a weekly presentation to Director and Management about progress of Placement Activities and submit the report to the Director’s office.
7. To handle complete documentation for any official purpose.
8. To maintain the Company Database File and update it as and when required.
9. To maintain records for feedback regarding student’s performance in the organization he/she is placed by the institute.
10. To organize the talks of the Senior Corporate/HR Professionals from time to time.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Placement Officer:
1. To work in close conjunction with the Head Corporate Relations in every respect.
2. To ensure that every kind of detail of students including CV’s are available with Placement Cell, latest by 15th July of every year.
3. To keep in close contact with the Additional Placement Assistance Team for resolving any issue related to placement activities.
4. To issue the Permission /Recommendation/ Reference Letter for students to issue in the companies as and when required for Summer Project/Winter Project or Final Placement.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Additional Placement Assistance Team:
1. To ensure that all kinds of details of students including CV’s are handed over to Placement Head before 15th July every year.
2. To guide the students for preparation of the Job Descriptions.
3. To ensure that the students seeing the company are made available to Head Corporate Relations on the date and time mentioned.
4. To maintain the record of the Student’s registrations for all the interviews scheduled.
1. The responsibility of placing students lies directly with Head Corporate Relations and Placement Officer
2. The Additional Placement Assistance Team only exists to help out Head Corporate Relations and Placement Officer for making the students available and prepare their database including CV’s.
Duties & Responsibilities of Corporate Relations Team:
1. To assist the Head Corporate Relations and Placement Officer to locate the companies for placement by any mode like making calls or visiting the companies.
2. To ensure that the students ear marked by the Additional Placement Assistance Team sit for the placement process.
3. To provide any kind of assistance for follow-up for placement process in consultation with the Head Corporate Relations and the Placement Officer.
Alumni Contribution for Placements:
1. The Alumni Association Committee representative Prof. Pooja Kohli, will be a part of the Additional Placement Assistance Team. The responsibility to keep in touch with the Alumni’s and generating leads/opportunities for Summer Projects as well as Final Placement from the current companies where the Alumni’s are working lies with the representative.
2. The responsibility to issue the Notice with all the required details of the incoming companies from Alumni minimum 72 hours in advance to all concern and circulating it to them.
Guidelines for Winter Projects:
1. There are some companies those who offer the winter projects to students and we shall encourage such an initiative on the part of our students to gain practical experience during winter holidays.
2. Maximum of 10 days shall be allowed to the students for such a project and all possible assistance in this regard by the Head Corporate Relations, Placement Officer and everyone else involved in placement process.
Guidelines for Summer Projects/Internships:
1. Basic responsibility for locating the company for Summer Internship Projects is that of the student. Each student shall have to undergo a practical training for a period of not less than 50 days during the vacation at the end of First Year.
2. However, the Head Corporate Relation, Placement Officer and the complete faculty would render all possible help in this regard to the students and the final responsibility of co-ordination and allotment of Summer Internship Projects is that of the respective Project In charge Faculty/Internal Guide.
3. The Project In charge Faculty/Internal Guide is responsible to take the Companies feedback regarding student’s performance during internship.
Guidelines for Final Placement:1.Placement Process for Students will start in the Third Semester of every Batch.
2. Students who have consistent attendance record of 75% above in academics and 90% above in Personality Development Capsule shall only be eligible to register for Placement Process.
3. Students having any backlog will not be eligible for any kind of Placement Assistance.
4. Attendance for Pre-Placement Talk by the Company is compulsory for all the students. The decision to apply or not can be taken after attending the presentation.
5. Each student will be allowed five interview attempts and one placement offer.He/she goes out of the placement process on completion of five interview attempts. The student will be out of the Placement process as soon as he/she receives a Placement Offer from any company.
6. Students are not allowed to approach the company which has come to the campus directly or refuse an offer by the company – If any student rejects any such offer, he would be barred from the further placement assistance.
7. Students should not negotiate with the company for any salary matters. Unless for students who have prior work experience will be briefed by the Head Corporate Relations for the salary criteria.
8.Students found guilty of misconduct or misinformation or purposely “Under Performing” during the selection process will not be considered for further campus selection process.
9. Mark sheets for the Final Year students wouldn’t be submitted until and unless they submit their offer letters to the Placement Cell (If placed).
Guidelines for Joining an Organization:
The decision as to when would a particular student be permitted to join a particular company during the MBA course shall be taken by the Director in consultation with the Placement Team and rest of the faculty.
Preparation of Placement Brochure:
Responsibility of preparing the Placement Brochure will be that of the Head Corporate Relations in consultation with the Director, Placement Officer and with the help of Additional Placement Assistant Team, latest by 30th July of every year, along with the provision of any kind of insertions to be made later.