Members of the Board
Brief Background of Governing Body:
1) Wg. Cdr. (Retd.) P. V. C. Patil is an alumnus of Karnataka Regional Engineering College, Surathkal, and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. He has served in the Indian Air Force as a Commissioned Officer for 21 years before seeking voluntary retirement. In the Air Force, he served at various locations with different weapon systems like fighter aircraft, transport aircraft, high power static surveillance radar etc. With his enriching Air Force experience and sound academic background, he as the Executive Director, and is nurturing the development and growth of IT and Management education.
2) Mrs. Supriya P. Patil: She hails from a family of educationist. She is a graduate from Fergusson College in Pune. She is a person having innate concern for the health and welfare of the students. She has contributed towards the progressive development of the institute by instilling civic, environmental and social values in the students. She is enthusiastic about the better maintenance of surroundings and landscaping and has traveled widely to have first hand information in similar activities.
3) Prof. D. R. Karnure: He has teaching experience at various levels for more than 30 years and had received specialized training at Singapore, sponsored by UNESCO, in planning and Management of technical education. He had earned distinction as an able administrator and was instrumental in the development of many polytechnics and Engineering colleges. He is providing his mature guidance to Pratishthan on various issues concerned with academic management and general administration.
4) Prof. M. R. Khadilkar: He did his M.Tech in mechanical engineering from IIT, Mumbai and four years of industrial experience. He worked as Principal, Vishwakarma Institute of Technology for 10 years and as the Director for 10 years. He had teaching experience in Engineering colleges of Pune. He was the president of Indian Society for refrigeration & Air-conditioning Engineering, Pune. He was also the Regional Chairman of Indian Society of Technical Education.
5) Lt. Gen. (Retd.) D. B. Shekatkar: He was commissioned in Indian army in 1963 and was awarded Vishist seva medal by the President of India in 1981 for distinguished services in combating insurgency. A post graduate in defence studies from University of Madras. He holds LDMC –Long defense management course-recognised as MBA by Osmania University. Had extensive teaching experience in Indian Military Colleges of the rank equivalent to Professor & Director. A visiting faculty to IIM, BSF Academy, Karnataka Police Academy, Ordinance factories etc; Served as Director-Center for advanced strategic studies, Pune after retirement. Member advisory council of Indian Institute of modern management Pune.
6) Dr. Sharad Joshi: An alumni of IIM, Ahmedabad, has specialized in Finance & Operation Research. He was Head of the Department of Management, University of Pune from 1995-2002, he was a full time Management Professor since 1995 and Director, VIT from 2002-2009. Dr. Joshi has set up Training centres at Dubai & Mauritius and taught there too. A research guide of University of Pune, Symbiosis International University, Birla Institute of Technology, University Technology, Mauritius and Yashwantrao Chavan Open University. Under his guidance 5 students had been awarded Ph.D, 3 students M.Phil and 10 students have registered for Ph.D. He is also a certified cost accountant & Doctorate in Management faculty in the area of computerized accounting. A full time financial computer and management consultant, Dr. Joshi had presented a lot of papers and articles.
7) Dr. Capt. ( Retd.) C.M. Chitale: Professor & Dean of management faculty in University of Pune (PUMBA), has 23 years of teaching experience in various capacities. He had Served in army as commissioned officer for five years ( 1976-1981) and has 12 years of industrial experience in the filed of I.R, HR & Administration. A corporate trainer in prestigious corporations like Hindustan Lever, Thermax, M&M, Philips, Advani & Kinetic etc. Seven students were awarded Ph.D under his guidance, and has published about 15 articles and papers in referred journals.
8) Dr. S.K. Mahajan: An experienced Administrator is at present the Director, Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Maharashtra. A doctorate in Mechanical Engineering has 10 years of teaching experience and 5 years of industrial experience. Dr. Mahajan is also a member of Board of Governance in prestigious colleges like COEP, VGTA, UICT. He was also the Chairman of Hotel Management and Catering Institute, Pune. He has published five International and five national papers and has authored two books.
9) Shri. Sameer Mulay: He is the Managing Director of M/s Ajeet Seeds Ltd and Director in Gangamay Industries & Constructions Ltd at Aurangabad. He is the chief promoter for Senate Technologies India Pvt Ltd, an IT services company. He is B.Sc. (Agriculture) from Pune college of Agriculture. M/s Ajeet Seeds was awarded by Department of Science, Innovation and Research, of Government of India for their pioneering research work for the benefit of the farming community.
10) Col. (Dr.) Kailash Chand: He has over 34 years of administrative and a managerial experience at a middle and senior level, besides 3 years of Academic experience as a Director in certain prominent management institutes.