Activities of NSS during Academic Year 2011-12
1) BPHE Society’s Ahmadnagar college Empanelled Training Institute (ETI) - NSS organized 4th Training and Orientation course during August 08 to August 13, 2011 at Ahmadnagar. Prof. Vinay Nandre (NSS program officer) participated in the same as per university guidelines.
2) Mr. Pravin Kalpe (MBA-II year) participated in One day awareness camp on Self help group, Employment & Self Employment organized by Ness Wadia College Of Commerce, Pune on August 27, 2011.
3) 15 NSS Volunteers with NSS Program officer worked for nirmalya daan (waste collection) on the occasion of Ganesh immersion at Ravet water works on September 11, 2011. Volunteers collected nirmalya (waste) from more than 500 families and Ganesh mandals and help to avoid water pollution.
4) Institute celebrated NSS week from September 24, 2011 to October 02, 2011 as per university guideline. NSS volunteers participate in Essay writing and Poster making competition on social and current issues.
5) On November 14, 2011, Institute celebrated Children’s day with Nachiket Balgram kids. Institute donated Sweaters, Cricket kit, etc. students distributed Fruits, Chocolates, Biscuits, etc. to 60 Kids of Nachiket balgram. College spend Rs. 14000/- for this activity. NSS Volunteers organize painting competition, Essay writing competition and fun games for balgram kids. Event was graced by Executive director and director. Apart from college contribution students collected money through donation box and amount spend on children's day celebration.
6) Every year unit purchase equipments or utensils from the fund given by University of Pune. This year Institute purchased utensils worth Rs.10005/- for the NSS unit.
7) Institute organized seven days camp from January 04, 2012 to January 10, 2012 at Ambi Gaon (Tal. Velhe, Dist. Pune) Pansheth in association with Janseva foundation During tenure of the camp NSS volunteers worked in the Rule, Ambi, Kuran gaon and Old age home. Students did painting work in old age home, cleaning work in old age home, form filling and data collection of senior citizns in the old age home, developed drainage system in rule gaon, data collection about proper usage of toilets in kuran gaon, collected socio economic data from villagers in kuran gaon.
Students addressed by various guests on different topics like
Dr. Vinod Shah - Youth & their social responsibility
Dr. Gururaj Mutalik – Role of WHO in Rural development
Swami Buddhanand – Rousing call of Swami Vivekanand ji
Prof. D.R. Karnure – Anger management
Lt. Gen. (Retd.) D.B. Shekhatkar – Today’s youth and Terrorism
Mr. M. V. Khanvilkar – Disaster Management
Prof. Chopde - NSS Volunteers Responsibility towards the society
The main objective of camp was to inculcate social responsibility and self discipline among the students. Various activities like Management Games, Group Discussion, Debates, Mind games and Value added program like Language Classes was also conducted during the camp. Students also spend time with senior citizens in old age homes at Janseva Foundation and on the last day presented cultural programme for them.
8) Two NSS Volunteer (Mr. Ankush Gupta & Ms. Varsha Dere) attended one day workshop on the topic “Youth Empowerment“ at University of pune dated on January 12, 2012.
9) Six NSS Volunteers (Mr. Amol Dushing, Mr. Nilesh Malve, Mr. B.K.Morge, Mr. Shourya Thakur, Mr. Nikul Patel, Mr. Govind Shinde) attended one day program of ”Maharashtra State Road Safety Program” at Pune Gramin Police Ground at Pashan on January 16,2012
10) Eighth blood donation camp was organized on February 08, 2012 in the campus in association with Vishweshwar blood bank. Thirty donors donated blood in the same.
11) Prof. Vinay Nandre attended one day workshop on the topic “Energy Conservation” on February 11, 2012 organised at University of Pune in association with PCRA, Mumbai.
12) Field work was done in the campus on February 12, 2012. All the volunteers were divided into groups. They were assigned with different tasks and activities. A group of ten girls were made to work in the college garden, whereas the remaining volunteers were assigned the task of clearing construction scraps from the college campus. All the members were very enthusiastic about the task and performed it wholeheartedly. The group working in the garden performed various tasks like trimming the grass and bushes, cleaning the garden, removing garbage etc. The other groups were engaged in clearing construction scraps such as steel rods, cement bags, stones etc. The activities were successfully completed by 1.30pm.
13) Institute celebrated ‘Gajanan Maharaj Prakat Din’ on February 14, 2012. Fifty five kids and staff members of Nachiket Balgram came for lunch at the institute. Ten NSS voleenteers coordinated the event.
14) Prof. Vinay Nandre represented University of Pune as NSS Program officer and interacted on various topics with 90 chinese delagates at Baba saheb Ambedkar University, Aurangabad(Maharashtra)on March 01, 2012
Activities of NSS during academic year 2010-11
1) Second Swine flu awareness program was organized on August 28, 2010. Dr. Rajshekhar Iyer (Medical Director, PCMC) and Dr. Dutta Gaikwad (Medical officer, PCMC) visited our camp and guided our students. Institute spent Rs. 2000 for this activity.
2) Donation of Rs. 10000/- to Association of Senior Citizens of Pune (ASCOP) on September 01, 2010 for Publication and Distribution of 1000 books on the topic ‘Arthritis and Joint Replacement‘.
3) Blood donation camp was organized on September 14, 2010 at DYPIMS campus in association with Vishweshwar blood bank. 43 students and 02 staff members donated blood.
4) NSS Day celebration on September 24, 2010.
5) Gandhi Jayanti celebration on October 02, 2010.
6) Field work in the college campus on October 10, 2010.
7) Field work in the college campus on October 17, 2010.
8) Food packets were distributed to policemen during Ganesh Immersion on October 22, 2010. Volunteers distributed 300 packets of food at Deccan. Institute spent Rs.7500/- for this activity.
9) WHO Survey during medical camp at Manjai Asni village on October 24, 2010 - It was a joint activity of Janseva foundation (Registered NGO), Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College and Padmashree Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Management Studies at Manjai Asni Village (75 km. away from Pune). During medical checkup camp, 22 NSS volunteers conducted survey and collected socio-economic data and health related data from 102 senior citizens.
10) Celebration of Children’s Day with Nachiket Balgram kids on November 25, 2010 – Students and staff contributed Rs. 11463/- and the Institute spent Rs. 11000/- for this activity. NSS volunteers organized various activities for kids such as handwriting competition, drawing competition and various games for mental growth of kids. From the money received, we gave tiffin boxes, school bags, water bags, compass box and organized dinner for all children of Nachiket Balgram (Registered NGO).
11) Pimpri-Chinchwad Half Marathon – 36 students volunteered in this marathon organized on Feb 20, 2011 and 10 students participated in Run for Charity.
12) Celebration of Gajanan Maharaj Prakat Din, where we invited Nachiket balgram kids for lunch.
Activities of NSS during academic year 2009-10
1) Swine flu awareness program held on 02-09-2009
Dr. Rajshekhar Iyer - Medical Director (PCMC) Addressing students
2)Nirmalya Collection Program 03-09-2009
Students of DYPIMS collecting Nirmalya at ravet water works during Ganesh Visarjan
3) NSS Day Program 24-09-2009
At the time of launching NSS
4) Contribution in HR Meet 26-09-2009
5) Gandhi Jayanti Program 02-10-2009
Students participated in Poster competition
6) Regular Program - "Shram daan" 04-10-2009
7) Regular Program- "Shram daan" 11-10-2009
8) Three Day WHO's Survey of senior citizen's negligence about health problem 24-10-2006 to 26-10-2009
9) Seven Days Camp in Kuran Gaon 25-12-2009 to 31-12-2009