Y. Patil Institute of Management Studies is committed to promote
entrepreneurship as an important facet of the development of MBA graduates. We,
at DYPIMS believe in nurturing our students with the best possible academic and
practical inputs to make them successful in their careers. In line with this,
we have established an ED Cell on 2nd Feb 2013 earmarked for initiatives in the
field of entrepreneurship under the chairmanship of our Director and two
Project Co-coordinators viz Prof. Shilpa R kankonkar and Prof. Minal
For effective implementation of the programs of the ED cell, an Advisory Board comprising of dignitaries who act as ED mentors for the cell members are from Mahratta Chamber of Commerce Industry & Agriculture (MCCIA), BhartiyaYuva Shakti Trust (BYST), and National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN), EHA consultancy Pvt Ltd., Bizzinnovators Ltd., Vighneshgwara Marbles and Stone Pvt ltd., and Focus Foundation.
Objectives of Entrepreneurship Development Cell:
The ED Cell identifies 30, first and Second year MBA students as potential entrepreneurs. The entire batch of 1st year and 2nd-year students of MBA undergoes an . This audit helps in identifying the candidates with basic competencies required to become potential entrepreneurs. The students securing 75% and above have to undergo a with the project co-coordinators where the students are assessed based upon their risk bearing ability, pro-activeness, confidence level, logical thinking ability, etc. Finally, a batch of 30 students is selected based upon the marks secured in the above criteria. These 30 students are groomed to become entrepreneurs through intensive training workshops, industrial visits, student mentoring programs and expert guidance from the ED Cell mentors. It has been the endeavour of the Institute to ensure that the interest levels of the students are maintained and the students undergoing at the different values of entrepreneurship are imbibed through ED Cell activities.
The Digital English Language Lab is a technological breakthrough for imparting skills in spoken English language. It is a facility where a student learns English language with the help and supervision of a teacher through computer software. During this process, listening and speaking skills are improved.
1. The student receives step-by-step guidance from the teacher using their headsets with crystal-clear clarity.
2. The teacher makes student specific oral comments and also has real time control of learnerís computers via teachers console & thereby track their work.
3. Individual headsets with microphones encourage even the self-consciously inhibited student to speak with confidence.
4. More attention-riveting for the student that increases the pace of comprehension as it is based on level of study, grasping power as well as language aptitude.
5. Listening skills are automatically honed. It blends listening, pronunciation, grammar, soft skills, comprehension and composition.
6. The language is imbibed more naturally aiding confident delivery with an immaculate accent.